Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Constant Knot

short post --
I noticed something I really don't like about the kiwi accent is the way they say things like 'known' 'grown' etc.
they say it like 'know-en'. That really bothers me!
and the other day in my Food & Eating class, we were discussing risk and fears about food, and part of the lecture was about terrorist infiltration of food... and the lecturer went on to say something along the lines of '...but then terrorists attacked here.'
Which really surprised me because I expected her to say something like 'America' or 'London' or something... I thought this was strange. As far as I know (and I'm fairly certain I'm correct) there have been no terrorist attacks in New Zealand.. so essentially, kiwis should have no fear of terrorist bio-attacks? Strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment