Saturday, March 13, 2010

Time after Time

I'm really proud of myself for the budget I've been living by.
I was expecting to spend about US $50 a week and so far I've been living off of around US $26.
Great success.

My breakfasts are weet-bix with (whole) milk, a bit of yoghurt, and a banana.
lunches are either ham sandwiches or an apple, hard-boiled egg, muesli bar and wheat bread.
dinners include: bangers and mash w/ peas, steak and boiled potatoes/carrots w/ spinach or peas or both, chicken breast and rice w/ bok choy, or some meal with mince meat (this week it was spaghetti, which was not successful so I might move on to moco loco).
I bought ice cream once but I was trying to be frugal so I ended up with a really cheapie brand with ingredients like "animal and/or vegetable fats." Needless to say, it tasted like lucky charms (Zach and I came to this consensus) and that someone's grandfather was probably in the mix (Zach's realization).

I bought "girl guide biscuits" which are not nearly as delicious or entertaining as girl scout cookies. They come in two flavors - shortbread and shortbread dipped in chocolate. and the names of said biscuits? guide biscuits .. and guide choc biscuits. No thin mints!! As depressed as I was to find the enthusiastic little girl without such delicious things as thin mints, I still bought two packs (original and .. chocolate original). They're satisfying but nowhere near as nice as girl scout cookies.

Though this has little to nothing to do with New Zealand, it has to do with the fact that I cannot watch my regular tv shows .. regularly. I've only just gotten caught up on community and modern family, but am still missing out on Rupaul's Drag Race.

Can't think of anything else. Having trouble focusing on homework/reading.. but still getting it done! Worry not!

No comments:

Post a Comment